Since Ontario launched its regulated and legalized online casino market in April 2022 this year, there has been an explosion of sites and apps trying to tempt players to try their sites. Big-name international companies like bet365, Bet MGM, Unibet and BetRivers, amongst others, are now operational in the province. Having obtained their licenses from the AGCO, you can feel confident that these platforms operate to the highest standards and that they are safe places to have a flutter or play online games. They have entered into an agreement with iGaming Ontario and are ready to welcome you as a customer.
You might think you are already familiar with everything in the online casino world. However, technology is constantly evolving, and new games and playing styles are being developed at a pace. A hot new franchise could mean new video slots, or the latest innovation could see an unexpected advance in live dealer games. You might be wondering if there are any casinos in the metaverse or which are the best teams to bet on in the FIFA World Cup. When everything is so new, it is sometimes best to give yourself space before diving in headfirst. Take your time to look around and familiarise yourself with the latest in online gambling.
This is where demo play comes into its own. You cannot win money on a demo version of the game, but you can get an idea of how the game will play, what browser it works best in on your desktop PC, or if you prefer how it performs on a mobile app. The great thing about a demo game is that there are no financial risks involved. You get to practice how to play before playing at real money online casinos.
A brief overview
Demo slots are free to play, and you do not need to part with any cash to try them out. Even if you win in a game’s demo version, you will not receive a cash payout. Instead, you play with digitized coins and can keep playing until you run out.
Reasons to play demo slots
As well as being free to play, there are plenty of reasons to play demo games before committing to play with real money.
- There is no financial risk. The player is not required to place a deposit or make a wager. There is nothing to lose in terms of money.
- Demo slots allow you to get to know the game’s features. Each game has its own specific features, which make it unique. There is only one way for players to find their way around different game modes, regulations, and bonus features by being in the game. However, it is possible to do all of this in demo mode. Therefore, there should be fewer surprises or lost opportunities when playing with real money
- The demo games are replicas of the money games and, therefore, fun to play along with as long as you don’t mind not being able to get your hands on any winnings. In addition, you can master a game’s technicalities when playing in this mode.
- Demo games are a great way to explore and discover what you like. This is particularly the case for beginners who need to find the right level of play for their skill set. Also, a themed slot might appear very attractive, but when played, you might find it does not live up to its promise. Forewarned is forearmed and all that.
- Demo games allow you to familiarize yourself with your chosen game. Practice makes perfect before you opt to play with your hard-earned cash.
At this point, you would be forgiven for thinking that if demo games are so great and entertaining, why play for real money? The answer is, of course, now you have mastered the game, it would be fun to try and turn those wins into real cash. Of course, everyone starts somewhere, but eventually, graduating to the actual game is good.
We can probably remember learning to play cards or dice while adding up scores or gambling for matchsticks and pennies. It is fun, but the adrenaline rush comes when real money is involved. Now that you have mastered the trial version, it could be time to turn your attention to real money games.
Anyone aged 19 and over who is resident in Ontario can play for real money on an extensive range of games. All forms of online gambling are legal in the province, so you have a vast choice. Bear in mind that there are also downsides as well as the upsides to real cash prizes, thrills and casino rewards, and loyalty offers. The downsides are that you can lose your money, so do not gamble more than you can afford to lose. Casinos are businesses, and therefore the house always favours the casino. Also, getting an account set up and verified can take a while, so you might not be able to instantly switch from demo games to real money mode without a short delay.
If you have decided that you want to play at real money online casinos, there are several things that you need to consider. These include finding the right casino to play at and determining what you have to spend in advance. Setting yourself a budget will ensure you have a fun experience. Also, ensure that the online casino you like accepts your preferred payment method and has good customer support 24/7.
Here are a few tips for playing real money games as a beginner. They are good tips if you are a more seasoned player too.
- Choose a casino that has good reviews, don’t just plump for the first one you come across or the one that has the loudest adverts
- Double-check that the casino is licenced and regulated before you deposit any money. Reputable casinos will display their licence details proudly in a prominent place on their website.
- Don’t just tick the ‘I have read the terms and conditions’ box without reading them. For example, different operators have various clauses regarding payout times and bonus features.
- Play the demo version at least one more time just to be sure this is the game you want to be playing.
- Keep your individual bets low, and don’t let the software make you go faster than you want to.
- Stick to the budget you set for yourself
- Play for fun, and don’t get angry or frustrated if you don’t win. Ultimately, the house always wins in the end.
So, there you have it. They are called games because they are fun. Remember that, and you can enjoy yourself whether you play for real money or just stick to demo play mode.